The Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP) is the professional association of individuals responsible for generating philanthropic support for a wide variety of charitable organizations. AFP advances philanthropy through its more than 29,000 members in 207 chapters throughout the world.
AFP fosters development and growth of fundraising professionals and promotes high ethical standards in the fundraising profession. The core activities through which AFP fulfills this mission include education, training, mentoring, research, professional certification and advocacy. To advance this mission, AFP will:
- Foster the professional development and education of fundraising professionals committed to improving our communities through philanthropy.
- Require members to adhere to a code of ethics and professional practices.
- Provide training opportunities for fundraising professionals.
- Implement programs that ensure cultural and social diversity in our membership and leadership.
- Collect, research and publish managerial and technical information on philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising.
- Promote public understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising.
- Conduct activities that maintain and develop legislation favorable to philanthropy.
- Enlist, organize, and support members to achieve our purposes.
- Foster international cooperation, knowledge exchange, and education among fundraising professionals worldwide.
- Provide a valid and reliable certification program (CFRE) for fundraising professionals.
The Southern Arizona Chapter
Our local chapter includes members from Tucson, Marana, Green Valley and Southern Arizona. We have over 180 members in our chapter, some of whom have been fundraising for decades and some of whom are new to the field. We pride ourselves on being an extremely welcoming chapter, and make every effort to integrate new members into our family. In addition to our monthly chapter meetings, our membership committee sponsors a monthly coffee and conversation get-together for new members. For more information about our monthly meetings please click here.